by Mary Pope-Handy | Apr 29, 2021 | Belwood, Belgatos, Heritage Grove, Surmont
City-Data shares demographic data by neighborhood. While the maps aren’t always precise, they provide some insights for smaller parts of the town of Los Gatos. Please take it with a big grain of salt – as you view the demographic data data, you’ll find some questionable results (such as the average household size being 16 people here!).
The “Belwood” area map includes all of Belwood of Los Gatos, Belgatos, Surmont, and Heritage Grove. Curious? Check it out at the City-Data Belwood page.
by Mary Pope-Handy | Jun 28, 2011 | Belgatos, Belwood, Surmont
Recently I searched online for our neighborhood and saw a link to the City-Data website. It referred to Surmont (most of it), Belgatos and Belwood all as “Belwood of Los Gatos” or “Belwood”. Oh well – it’s not an uncommon mistake!
Anyway, using information from the census and other sources, city-data does provide some interesting demographics on our corner of east Los Gatos, including:
- population listed as 1516
- area listed as .564 square miles
- a list of street names (missed a couple), their length and direction
- when our homes were built (most 1960s)
- the average number of rooms in our homes
- median rent paid in 2009 (there are multi family homes included)
- distribution of ages (kids and people in their 40s appear prominent)
- the types of power we used to heat our homes (22% electricity, 76% gas, 2% other)
- info on occupations of females in Belwood (17.6% in management)
- info on occupations of males (24% in management)
And loads more….Nice graphics with charts displaying the info so it’s easy to grasp and digest.
So go have a peek at the city-data page on Belwood. See if anything there surprises you!